Raise Your Voice to Bullying

In America, bullying is definitely an important issue.  There are areas that have bullying more often than not, but it shouldn’t be that way.  At our school, there is the Olweus non-bullying program.  Our whole school staff are very hands-on and believe that bullying should never happen.  I think that the worst bullying happens in high school, and most schools don’t even bother to help.  The definition of bullying is: to use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants frequently.  Some keys words in the definition are influence, intimidate, and frequently.  If someone were to say, “Someone bullied me because they hit me once,” that wouldn’t really be considered bullying if it only happened once.  If this happened daily, then it would be bullying for sure.  To prevent bullying, we have aids on the yard just incase something like a fight breaks out. Also, you can have lessons on bullying and what to do if you are bullied or you see bullying going on.  About 13 million kids commit suicide every year due to bullying.

Some bullies may bully because they don’t feel good about themselves or something bad goes on in their personal life.  There is also cyber-bullying.  During cyber bullying, people make mean comments, posts, accounts, videos, etc. about a person to make them embarrassed or show hatred.    Many students may not come to school because of bullying.  1 out of 4 teachers know that the bullying is going on because kids are embarrassed to tell their teacher.  Did you know that even celebrities got bullied when they were kids, even Lady Gaga!  This goes to show that the biggest stars got bullied, so not everyone is specifically targeted.  So many people are bullied every year, everyone should just try to be nice and never judge a book by it’s cover.  Overall, bullying is definitely an issue that everyone raise their voice to.

3 thoughts on “Raise Your Voice to Bullying

1. Hi Jacqueline,
    I also believe that bullying is an important issue that has to be stopped. This is very well written. Have you ever seen someone being bullied?

Mei

2. HI Jacqueline,
    Your voice surely can be heard with your title! We do our best to raise awareness about bullying at AEW. I hope all students will stand up to bullies!
    Mrs. K